Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Strawberries and Pomegranate

As I said before, I really enjoy painting on panel. I usually get bored and have to change subjects or what I am painting on, but with this continuing interest there will certainly be more. I just love the way the panel is so smooth and allows each brushstroke to stay in is natural form. They are great for realism paintings and making the subject look perfect, but they are also great at leaving each brush stroke just as you would apply it. It leaves this raw/pure look to the painting. As I started this painting I again chose to allow each brush stroke to show. I just love not hiding anything. I was thinking about adding more detail, but at times during some paintings you just need to stop and leave the work how it is.

No comments:

Post a Comment