Saturday, May 14, 2011

Nude Woman

So for a couple weeks now I have been losing my mind trying to think of a different way to paint. I have been doing scribbles with ink. I have been striving for something more raw. I have been doing realism and impressionism for years now. But they just look like a painting. There isn't to much mentally to painting a scene. It's basically just putting the time in to doing it. So I have basically stopped looking at art and have even turned off the music so that I will not be influenced. I have been losing sleep over this for too many nights. Today I did this painting. It is very raw. Laying in bed at 5 am this morning it finally hit me, I thought of using the raw colors as well which seemed to be a main ingredient. When I finally fell asleep I had nightmares about painting. So today I stared at the subject and finally laid down an oil painting. It sure is different from what I was doing. I love it. It's so raw and visually pleasing. It does remind me of cubism and some other styles I have seen before, but it was not my intention.

No comments:

Post a Comment